What were you in your life before you became a writer? I was a computer programmer at Hertz for almost sixteen years. I started writing about halfway through that period. After surviving several laysoff, it was finally my turn, and I focused on my writing. My husband and I relocated from Oklahoma to the Seattle area for a change—and we love it!
Did this influence your writing? My programming life did not really influence my writing, but I do tend toward the artistic side. I love museums, I have a vocal music minor degree, so I love singing, and I draw and paint. I guess programming wasn’t really in my heart.
2. Are you genre specific or general? I’m specific to the romance genre, because I want the happy ending. It’s the sub-genres where I go off kilter. Considering I have a contemporary series, and a gothic novella. My Historicals include a Cinderella twist series through the evil stepmother (that one is not a happy ending—what can I say? She’s the evil stepmother) set in the late 1700s; My other Historicals range from 1920s with my Martini Club friends, a Regency, a civil war, and now a Mail Order Bride series coming out in June.
3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?
I love a well-written story with a strong heroine and hero. A believable clash of wills. But my favorite reads tend toward Contemporary and Regency era.
4. What's your latest release? My mail order bride series is the latest project. The Counterfeit (June 11th) and The Breakaway (June 18th). That’s my main focus at the moment…
5. What are you working on now? However, while they are with the editor, I am working on the second book in my Regency Rebel Lords of London. Book 1 is The Earl’s Error with Trifecta Publishing House, the second book is The Marquis’s Misstep. But this work is in the very early stages.
6. Where can we find you? I am everywhere! 😊
Kathy L Wheeler (a.k.a. Kae Elle Wheeler for her Cinderella Series) has a BA in Management Information Systems from the University of Central Oklahoma that includes over forty credit hours of vocal music. She was a computer programmer for the Hertz Corporation for over fifteen years and utilizes karaoke for her vocal music talents. Other passions include the NFL, the NBA, travel musical theatre, painting, reading, and writing.
She is a member of several chapters of the Romance Writers of America: Greater Seattle chapter, Olympia and Eastside chapters, The Beau Monde Chapter and Hearts Through history.
Her main sources of inspiration come from mostly an over-active imagination. She currently resides in the Seattle area with her musically talented husband, Al, and their bossy cat, Carly, and sweet dog, Angel.