Monday, June 29, 2020

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Writing #Reading #Thoughts

Meander 1 - Reading - I'm presently re-reading Jennifer Probst's books. Since I'm writing a fantasy with some dark elements, these sensuous romances provide a break from the evil I'm confrontine.

Meander 2 - Thoughts - Walking to my own drummer - Since this Black Lives Matter, I've been thinking about past moments.  I probably was out of step with the world for most of my life. I remember one incident from my childhood. Summer and Bible School. We were told to invite friends. I did, twice. One was my Catholic friends and they came but weren't welcome. The next summer, i tried again by inviting two black girls who were friends. They weren't made welcome either. Now this happened in the 1940's. One of the Bible school teachers told me after the second incident. "At least they're Christians." So being out of step could be ahrd when you are growing up.Those thoughts have remained through my life. Walk to what you think is the right thing, not what others think.

Meander 3 - Writing - Moving alone with the new book. Am working on it a bit differently but still the same. Doing segments sort of like moon segments. The title has become Moon Rising Nilos. Like that a lot and have the first four chapters almost to the revision stage, outlined the second section and have planned the third. Soon will be planning the fourth. There may be a fifth but it will be only one chapter. We will see.

No comments: