Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday's Guest Diane Bator #MFRWauthor #BooksWeLoveLTD #What She Was Before #Mystery #Comedy


1.                 What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

I’ve always been a writer, so I can’t define a before and after. I’m a mom of three. I’ve worked in a bank, a karate school, a grocery store, a live-stage theatre, for a window & door manufacturer, and in a clothing store. I’ve always believed that this crazy assortment of jobs has allowed me to be more versatile in my writing and given me enough background in various things to know where to start with research and building ideas. Not to mention they support my writing addiction.

My Wild Blue Mystery series was inspired while writing in a local coffee shop after I moved to a small town in Ontario. I’ve enjoyed bringing bits of my new hometown into this series.


2.      Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 

I started to write just general but started writing mystery when I entered a contest to write a mystery novella and won. I was hooked! My first ten-chapter mystery turned into me writing two series:  Wild Blue Mysteries and Gilda Wright Mysteries. The Gilda series was originally published under other titles but has been revitalized for release a new audience.
I incorporate mystery, romance and comedy in my books.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 

I’ve loved to read since I was a kid. Mysteries mostly. I started off reading The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and was reading Sidney Sheldon and the like by high school. As in real life, I love a good mystery or a challenge to solve. Puzzles intrigue me and I love puns and word games.

4. What's your latest release? 

My latest release is a republished Gilda Wright Mystery. Originally published as Can’t Keep a Brunette Down, it will be retitled as Dead without Honor and released soon by BWL. The entire series of three will be released this year:  Dead without Honor, Dead without Glory, and Dead without Pride. A new book will follow next year to end the series.

5. What are you working on now? 

My latest work in progress is the fourth book in my Wild Blue Mystery series, The Painted Lady, which will be released before Christmas. Another intriguing Leo and Christina who-dun-it. After that will be the fourth book in my Gilda Wright series before I launch a whole new series I’ve been working on as well. Busy, busy, busy!!

6. Where can we find you? 

Website
http://penspaintsandpaper.com
Blog
http://dbator.blogspot.ca/
Twitter
https://twitter.com/dibator
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diane-Bator-Author/263599617046736?ref=hl

No comments: