Friday, June 22, 2018

Andi Ramos is Friday's Guest #MFRWauthor #WhoSheWasBefore


1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

Before I became a writer I was a school secretary; I loved working with all the kids. Unfortunately, the 7-3 extremely busy, but tedious day tasks didnt give me much time to think, never mind create. While my past position didnt influence me in my stories, it did give me push to spawn my creativity on the weekends. It was very much like a shaken bottle of soda, by the end of the week my creativity was pent up and on the verge of exploding!


2. Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy, etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 

I have been trying to write outside my genre of romantic suspense, but as I write, I inadvertently weave bits of mystery or suspense throughout the romance story. Someday I will succeed in writing outside my genre.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 

My leisure reading absolutely influenced my writing, which is probably why I have a hard time writing outside of romantic suspense because that is what I like to read. My writing is very self-indulgent, they are the types of stories I love to read myself.

4. What's your latest release? 

On May 30th I just released my debut novel, Gumshoe Girl. It is a romantic mystery about an amateur sleuth and how she fumbles her way through her first case while trying to prove herself to an attractive FBI agent.

5. What are you working on now? 

 I have a couple of works in progress including the second in the Gumshoe Girl Series. Sheagan will have her work cut out for her as she tries to discover the truth behind alleged serial murders. I also have a new series I am working on called the Escape Series. The first book will be called The Pina Colada Catastrophe.

6. Where can we find you? 

I have a website where you can see my trailer for Gumshoe Girl or check out my blog.







No comments: