Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday's Third Scene - Murder and Herbal Tea #MFRWAuthor #Murder #Herbal Tea

When Dana knocked on the door, Joyce let her in. Unlike her mother, the young woman’s hair hung straight. She looked stressed. “Problems?” I asked.

“Bad day.”

“What happened?” Joyce asked.

“One of my students ended in the emergency room. Spaced out on uppers.”

“Will she recover?” I knew the toll amphetamines took on the body.

“I think so. Zach asked me questions about her and wanted me to talk to her."

“What did he want to know?” Joyce asked.

“About drugs on campus. I didn’t think they were prevalent. He said the student refused to say where she got them. As if she’d tell me. All I know is she decided to pull an all-nighter to finish a paper due tomorrow.”

For a short time we let her talk. Dana was only a few years older than her students, but being a teacher kept her out of their loop.

When she wound down we went to the kitchen and ate pie.

“Thanks for bringing me a piece.”

“Wouldn’t have been fair if we hadn’t.” Joyce turned to me. “Where are you and Lars going to live?”

“We bought a house on the river.”

“You’re giving up that magnificent Victorian?”

“My apartment was too small and his house too large.”

She grinned. “You’ll love the river view.”

“Definitely. The house is on the left side of my favorite viewing place. It’s across the road from the doctor’s huge house.”

Dana leaned forward. “Where are you honeymooning?”

“That’s under consideration and one of the reasons I bolted. We’ll eventually reach a compromise."

My Places 

 http://wwweclecticwriter.blogspot.com

BUY MARK
http://www.bwlpublishing.ca/authors/lane-walters-janet-romance-fantasy-usa/


No comments: