Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday's Guest Mary Marvella #MFRWauthor #Interview Genres

.  What's your genre or do you write in more than one?
I write Romantic Suspense and Woman's Fiction/Romance and I have 1 romantic comedy. 


2Did you choose your genre or did it choose you?
They chose me. My characters tell me their stories and I go with them.


3.  Is there any genre you'd like to try?  Or is there one you wouldn't?I am trying a demon series(Not romance) and 1 mainstream novel. I don't want to write Inspirational or Historical fiction

4.  What fiction do you read for pleasure?

Romance and Woman's Fiction or the book I pick up. 

5.  Tell me a bit about yourself and how long you've been writing,I started writing fiction in 1991. Since then I have published 9 novels and 8 anthologies. I taught language arts for 15 years and helped my Ex photograph weddings for 25 years. Now I edit and tutor. I am a Georgia girl and southern through and through. My books tend to have southern flavor.

6.  Which of your characters is your favorite?
Probably Edna Mae. She is the 40 year old virgin in The Gift. She has the most to overcome and the most to gain.

7.  Are there villains in your books and how were they created?

Oh, yes! My villains come to me when I start a novel. Each provides the thing my other characters need the least. They not cookie cutter! They could hide in plain sight and usually do.

8.  What are you working on now?
I have a stripper book I am preparing to publish. When a woman learns her husband in involved in illegal activities, she goes back into stripping to get the goods on him. 


9.  What's your latest release and how did the idea arrive?
The Cost of Deception. (Book 3 in the Protection Series)The hero is the brother of one of my other characters. He wanted a book and after years I paired him with a former classmate. They attend their 20 year class reunion. 

1 comment:

Mary Marvella said...

I had such a crazy week I forgot to check my posts!