Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday Caroline Clemmons is Visiting and Talking About Plotter or Panster #MFRWAuthor #Caves #Ranches #Writing

1. Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both?
I’m basically a plotter and use my plotted outline as a map for writing. There are times when I take a detour but then I come back to the map.
2. Which comes first - characters or plot for you?
The characters come first. Usually they come to me in a scene as if I’m watching a movie. That may be the first time the main characters meet or it may be later in the story. Knowing the characters helps me plot the story.
3. What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new?
Right now I’m working on a story in the new Golden Legends series titled CHARLOTTE’S CHALLENGE. Charlotte Dunn is recently widowed and trying to save the ranch her husband worked so hard to build. She’s losing the battle until the hero, Brett Craig, shows up. He is injured and has amnesia. What she does to him is fun for me to write. I’m excited to be in this series with so many amazing authors. My book will release September 18 but the series has already started releases. I will have this western historical romance in September and then in a few months will have a western contemporary romance.
4. Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals and caves.
I’ve used caves several times, including in my July release, DESPERATE IN DELAWARE. Probably I’m fascinated with them because they frighten me. I write a lot of rancher heroes because I like ranches and live where there are a lot of them. 
5. Do you write everyday or just when the spirit hits?\
I write every day in my small office my family calls my “pink cave”. It’s my happy place. I prefer writing with my desktop while listening to classical music on Pandora.
6. Where can we find you?
Facebook Readers Group - Caroline’s Cuties https://www.facebook.com/groups/277082053015947/ 
Twitter  https://twitter.com/CarolinClemmons (no E in Caroline)

7. Who are your favorite authors? What about a book you’ve enjoyed?
I have way too many favorites to list just a few. I mostly read western romances. Right now, though, I’m reading and enjoying Erica Elliott’s MEDICINE AND MIRACLES IN THE HIGH DESERT.

No comments: