Monday, November 19, 2018

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #BWLPublishing #Poem #Snow #Writing


Meander i - Poem - A Trip To The Morgue

Night is dark, black, quiet.
Simence hovers in your room.
You're dead and I must
Take your body to the morgue.
But first I must touch flesh
That breathed with life, pain
Just moments ago.
I never knew you vital
Only sick, gaunt, yellowed
Dying flesh
And so I hesitate.
There should be one you loved
To colse your marble eyes
And gently shroud your flesh
In the crinkled paper bag.
Someone you live should walk with you
Along the hall so dim
But I'm the nurse
My duty calls
And so I do those things.
Then when you're on the stretcher
A mound andnot a man.
The halls are gray.
Little eye lights.
Vast shadows without end.
We reach the morgue
And I life you up
Onto the metal slab.
The room is cold.
And so am I.

Meander 2 - Snow - The first snowfall of the year arrived a few days ago. It came at an inconvenient time, just as people were returning home from work. I wasn't outon the roads. Good thinking on my part. Cars were stranded. Cars were abandoned. Today, the streets are clear. Let's hope the next snow story will choose to come at night when all are sleeping.

Meander 3 - Writing. Moving slowly forward with my current WIP. I need to buckle down and get this together sooner than later. Perhaps this week I'll get more writing time in. Problem is there are so many life things to interfere.


MY PLACES



BUY MARK
http://bookswelove.net/authors/walters-janet-lane-romance-fantasy-suspense-medical/

No comments: