Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday's Guest - Billie Turner Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #BWLPublishing


1.  What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?
I’ve always worked in healthcare. I’m a Medical Office Assistant as well as a Health Care Aide. I’ve worked in both doctor’s offices and hospital care settings. Before that I worked with children and adults with special needs.  Working in healthcare hasn’t specifically influenced my writing however, I believe it’s given me insights foe my characters need to belong and the importance of being heard.

2.  Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above.
I’m pretty attached to romance both in my reading and writing preference.  I would say I am particularly partial to paranormal romance although I don’t limit myself.  I also enjoy suspense, science fiction and fantasy as long as a romantic thread is woven in.

  3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?
Absolutely. I have always enjoyed reading stories about worlds different from our own. When I was a kid in school my favorite day of the week was library day.  Our librarian read to my class every week. I remember her reading The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis.  I loved the world he created with its fantastic creatures and talking animals. I think this shaped my love for paranormal and fantasy even as I eventually moved on to romance and other genres. 

 4. What's your latest release?
I have recently released my first paranormal romance novel, Out of Darkness.  It’s about an ancient immortal reluctantly tasked with protecting the mortal world from the existence and interference of the long forgotten underworld.  A mortal woman gets caught in the battle between him and his enemies. Keeping her safe becomes his top priority.

 5. What are you working on now?
 I have a contemporary romance that I am re-writing. I’ve learned so much while publishing Out of Darkness that am looking at my previous work with a whole new perspective. I’ve also just started a sequel to Out of the Darkness.

 6. Where can we find you?
My book is available to order in print from all independent stores in Canada through Book Manager, and in through Amazon, Indigo, Chapters and Coles. It’s also available to order in ebook format from many online sources like Smashwords, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple, Barnes and Noble,  Walmart and more. Here is a quick link:

No comments: