Monday, November 27, 2017

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #Writing #Apple Pies

Meander 1 - Poem People

People are like that.
Like what?
Different, yet the same.
They're problem filled
And full of love. Indfferent yet understanding.
The whole spectrum they undergo
Forward, backward and standing still.
People are like that.

Meander 2 - Apple pies - I made two apple pies from almost scratch. I don't make the crust. They're much easier to buy pre-made. Then I set down to prepare the apples. We have a great farm, Dr. Davies, where I buy apples. I bought four kinds to see what the variety of flavors could bring to the pies. Then I set down to prepare enough apples for two pies. A lot of apples were needed. I spent an hour and a half peeling them. That is a long time. Perhaps there is an easier way than doing each one with a paring knife, cutting out the cores and removing the skins. Then I set out to make crumble. Not as successful this time as prior attempts. I forgot to take the butter out to get less than frozen. Finally finished. Put to bake. Soon the aroma of baking pies filled the air. The pies were done and they tasted great, though some of the apples didn'thold their shape but sort of became apple sauce.

Meander 3 - Writing - Am rough drafting the new book the Leo Aquarius Connection. The writing is going well but when I was ready to begin the sixth chapter, I discovered a glitch. The chapter synopsis was totally off base. I'm not sure what happened but this needed to be an interval chapter and somehow it wasn't. There needed to be some time pass and for the characters to re-group. I think I've solved the problem. I'll know when I begin to write.

No comments: