Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday - Talking About My Books - Shattered Dreams #MFRWauthor


When I began the Dream series I decided each of the heroines would be born under the sign of Cancer and I would choose a hero from one of the twelve signs of the Zodiac. In this case, the heroine Manon is a doctor and the hero Rafe is a nurse. Another thing I decided is there should be some kind of a connection between the hero and heroine so they had some kind of a past. The past might be a hazy one but not always.

In the case of Manon and Rafe, their connection is one from school. The opposition was parental on her part. Manon's father wanted her to be a concert pianist and to use her to revive his career. Manon had no desire to follow a musical career. Her father manages to break the couple up with the help of a young man who wanted Manon. He causes an accident where Rafe is injured. During this time Rafe suffers from amnesia.

The story in the present takes place after Manon's father dies and she returns to Fern Lake the setting for the 12 stories. She is now a family practitioner. Rafe has healed from his many injuries and has recovered almost all of his memories. He is also a Cancer so some of his goals and interests in life are the same as Manon's.

Knowing what I do about Astrology and since I also use Moon signs and Rising signs, the chracters have similar and yet different qualities allowing them to seem like people at odds and yet similar.
The story was a fun one to write but if I hadn't rushed I might have made it longer and spreaqd some of the discoveries further apart,

No comments: