Sunday, December 7, 2014

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor


Meander 1 - The holiday season has crept up on me and is not like a boulder rolling down the mountainside. Having no car is part of the reason. Who can shop without a car? the second part is having my husband ill. So I'll work on what needs to be done especially if my car comes back tomorrow as promised. Was supposed to be on Friday but alas, not finished.

Meander 2 - Re-reading some Regency Romances and finding them much better written that some I've read that are newer. But the authors are really stars. Mary Jo Putney, Jo Beverly and Mary Balog. They seem to know the era more than some of the new writers. They also know how to hit the heart strings and that's also important.  I'll be re-visiting many of my favorites since I think I should soon rid myself of the hundreds of paper backs since I really like reading on the Kindle.

Meander 3 - Because of the upheavals going on around me, I'm not doing as much writing as I would like but I've been managing about 500 words a day instead of the 2000 to 3000 that I usually manage whether they may be new words or revisions of what's already done. Divided Dreams will be a much longer book that I anticipated and I'm discovering new things about the characters and their lives every day. That's what's always fun in the first few drafts. The Rough one just gets things lines up but in the next one or two you get to explore and discover all the sides of the characters and the influences on their lives.

No comments: