Monday, July 8, 2013

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters


This week's reading was devoted mainly to reading David Weber's WarMaid's Choice. I've read the entire fantasy series by him and when I run out of new books to read, I'll read then from beginning to end. I have waited so long for another in this series and was pleased to find this one and continue the adventure with the characters and their fight against evil. It's around 800 pages so this took a week since I read by bits and pieces.

Brings me to meander number two. Fragmenting one's self. I write, read, and do house work in spurts. Amazingly things get done. I think this goes back to when I worked as a nurse with many, many patients to do various chores for. The tendency to do a bit of one thing followed by a bit of another seems to me to be natural. By the end of the day, my goals have been reached and that's what's important. Setting goals and meeting them works for me. I also know if I don't get as much done one day, there's always the next day which may mean doing a bit more,

As to writing, I'm working hard and fast on A Spicy Seduction.. There are somewhere between one and five thousand words to finish. Yesterday, I put a scene aside, a love scene, since my mind went blank. I will come back to it when I see how it has to run. It's a vital one with an important revelation for both the hero and heroine. Once I finish this draft, I'll go back and work it in, following the flow of the story.

1 comment:

Melissa Keir said...

I hate when I hit a wall with the writing and have to take a break. I'm hoping to get some writing in on my vacation. The restful moments will give me a lot to think about!