Monday, July 22, 2013

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters


First meander is about the heat and thank heavens for air conditioning. We have been promised rain for a week and still haven't seen any. My study was once a sun porch that was converted to a room. What it is, for some reason, a dead area as far as air. Even when I don't run the air conditioners in the other rooms I do in here. Now winter is a different venue. In winter it's cold and sometimes frigid. I've come to the conclusion that I need things to be cool to write.

Second meander is about reading. Have done just a little this week but did read a Rizolli and Isles mystery. I also admit to watching the program. The night is in conflict every two weeks with my critique group. This is a large group. We've had as many as ten out of the twelve attending and keeping the group from lasting until midnight can be a hassle. So I must catch my favorites on re-runs and pray they come at a time when I can watch. No later than one AM.

Third meander is about writing. A Spicy Seduction is moving ahead rapidly and I'm almost down to the nitpicking draft. There will be two scenes that were finally written that might have to be re-written but this should go out to the publisher in August. That will end the Seduction series that grew from four books to six. Am I glad to see the series end. In a way, yes. I do think this is the strongest of the stories since both the hero and heroine have pasts with each other and pasts that can keep them from finding the right person. Once this is done I'll be starting the second of the MoonChild series. Here, he is an Aries and she is a Cancer. Also they have a shared past and problems to solve.

2 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

I hope you get rain. The heat is harsh on the plants too.

Janet Lane Walters said...

Raid, yes. So far two days of loud rain.