Friday, July 3, 2020

Seelie Kay is visiting and talking about Panster or Plotter #MFRWAuthor #Panster #Plotter #amwriting


1. Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both?

I have always been a pantser. I never know what I’m going to write when inspiration strikes. I just sit down at the computer and let the words flow. I never know where I’m headed or where I’ll wind up. To me, that’s the joy of writing fiction.

2. Which comes first - characters or plot for you?

The characters. They guide the story.

3. What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new?

I just released Martimus, which is Book 5 of my Feisty Lawyers series. My holiday short, The Last Christmas, is in final edits at the publisher. Now I am moving on to new characters and a different sub-genre in romance, paranormal. My next book is about a lawyer/vampire who is targeted by a serial killer. Believe it or not, it’s a comedy! I am also toying with a biography, as told by the subject.

4. Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals and caves.

Well, all of my books are built around lawyers and the law. Most are set in Milwaukee, Chicago,or St. Louis, all places where I have worked in law.

5. Do you write everyday or just when the spirit hits?

I not only write books, I also write for corporations and law firms, and host a blog, so there us rarely a day I don’t write something.

6. Where can we find you?





7. Who are your favorite authors? What about a book you’ve enjoyed?

I am fond of detective stories and especially enjoy J.D. Robb’s (Nora Roberts) “In Death” series. I have every book in the series. I also enjoy books by Stuart Woods, David Baldacci, and Lisa Scottoline.


No comments: