Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Beverley Bateman is Visiting and Talking Abiut Being a Plotter or Panster #Plot #Characters #MFRWAuthor


Day 1

1. Are you a panster or a plotter or perhaps a bit of both?

A bit of both. I get an idea for a plot. Then I try to figure out the appropriate characters.
I sketch about one line per chapter, or maybe even per scene. Then I start writing.  I don’t always follow those one lines either.

2. Which comes first - characters or plot for you?

Oops, I just covered that on the previous question. The plot always comes first for me.

3. What are you working on now? Is this a book in a current series or something totally new?

I’m working on Liability Wife, Lydia’s story.  It’s the second book in The Foundation series. I’m also looking at a novella, maybe involving Covid.

4. Do you have some kind of object or place that figures in most of your books? I use gems a lot, hospitals and caves.

I frequently, almost always, have a dog somewhere in the story.

5. Do you write everyday or just when the spirit hits?

I used to try and write every day, but often I’d miss for all sorts of reasons. Now I’m writing every day. I belong to a loop where you write 100 words a day and report in.

6. Where can we find you?

Twitter @kelownawriter

7. Who are your favorite authors? What about a book you’ve enjoyed?

I have to admit I’m a J.D. Robb addict. I’ve been reading her series for years.
I also enjoy Loreth Anne White, B.J. Daniels, Terry Odell, and Toni Anderson.


The Girl in the Moss by Loreth Anne White is a gripping romantic suspense. Her characters are unusual and well-developed, her plot draws you in and keeps you guessing right to the end. I enjoyed her book.


No comments: