Monday, April 13, 2020

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Reading #Thoughts #Writing

Meander i - Reading - Just finished Mercies of the Fallen by Eileen Charbonneau. I have some investment in this book since Eileen began this while part of our critique group. When she left to take care of family, I knew about half of the story and I really wondered how she would manage to bring the romance to a fulfilling conclusion. She did and I enjoyed the book very much. There is a but. She left me dangling and the characters dangling. I think another book is called for. So we shall see. Eileen is a fabulous writer and I can't wait for her next, no matter where she takes me.

Meander 2 - Thoughts - This staying inside is becoming a habit, one I would love to break. I would really love for it to be warm enough to sit on my front porch and enjoy the wicker swing. One day soon but temps in the 50s and 60s aren't really swing sitting times. My great adventure this week was a trip to the bank to sign my name millions of times for hopefully a better interest rate on the small mortgage on the house. But I'm waiting for the State of New Your to finally get the pension to me. They've had the papers signed since March 19th. Though I am solvent, having this money would help me become more solvent and perhaps to help others.

Meander 3 - Writing - Am finally reaching the complete half way point in the latest book and sone scenes for the next one are popping into my head. It's not the one I thought I would be writing but at present that story is lacking a viable plot and since I'm a plot writer, I need to let the plot brew for a bit. But writing is what i do so I'll look at another story that was partly written years ago and bring this story to the fore. It will either be one long book or four shorter ones. Time will let me know which.

No comments: