Thursday, April 30, 2020

Friday DV Stone is Visiting and talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #What She Was


1.     What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?
I became an author later in life. One of my first jobs was driving a dump truck. I’ve been a janitor, maid, waitress. The job that began the change in my life was as an attendant for the developmentally disabled. This led to a career as an Emergency Medical Technician, both at the developmental center and later in a women’s state prison. I also volunteered with my local squad. Do to cut backs in the state, I was laid off from the prison and subsequently opened a coffee shop and small restaurant running those for several years. Then I found myself working in a veterinary emergency hospital. 2011 the economy was not good. I found myself unemployed once more. That’s when I took advantage of bad situation and began writing.

2.     Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.
I love to read different things, so I do write the same. I consider myself a romance writer who enjoys penning a variety of genres. So contemporary, fantasy, suspense, and I even published a mid-grade paranormal

3.     What is your latest release?
Rock House Grill Book One in the Impact Series is a contemporary romance with suspense. It uses my background as an EMT and restaurant experience.

4.     What are you working on now?
Soon I’ll have a release date on a novella titled Rainbow Sprinkles it’s a contemporary with light paranormal. I’m also working on Jazz House the second book in the Impact Series

5. Does your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?
 Absolutely! Back in the day, I passed a bookstore while traveling between High School and one of my jobs. Almost daily I stopped and picked up a romance novel. Phyliss Whitney, Rosemary Rogers and Victoria Holt to name a few. But I also love children’s books. Heidi, Black Beauty, the Narnia Chronicles. J.R.R. Tolkien is a huge influence in my fantasies.

5.     Where can we find you?
Buy links           Amazon           Barnes & Noble          iBook’s      Google Books



Social Media      Website        Facebook         Twitter                        Instagram
Pinterest          Bookbub         Goodreads       Newsletter

1 comment:

D. V. STONE said...

Good morning, Janet. Thanks for having me here today.
D. V.