Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Wednesday Murder and Sweet Tea #MFRWHooks #BWLAuthor #Cozy mystery #Hudson Valley

Murder and Sweet Tea (Mrs Miller Mysteries Book 6)
Join the authors at #MFRWHooks here http://mfrwbookhooks.blogspot.com  for some great excerpts. Murder and Sweet tea is my offering.

Blurb:

Lars is her new husband. He loves Katherine but doesn’t understand why she’s always trying to protect her near and dear. Even though she saved his life while visiting him in Santa Fe, he often questions her involvement in other people’ lives.

Into their lives arrives a new neighbor, Sabrina Gates. Sabrina bought the house next door. She has had a phenomenal success as a new author but moes from her past and present threaten her peace and ability to write. There is the blogger who posts snide and not so nice posts about other authors. Sabrina’s former agent wants a share of the huge amount of money Sabrina has received for a trilogy. And there is her ex-husband, a needy greedy coward who wants money.

Above all there is Robespierre who makes his presence known.

2019 Book Hooks

Excerpt:


Three days later, the For Sale sign vanished from the yard of the house next-door. My curiosity spiked like the humidity before a storm. What kind of neighbors would we have? A family, newly-weds or people escaping the city? I wanted to know. The realtor where a friend worked had been the name on the sign.         Tracey Stanton would know. I tapped her phone number.

     When she answered, I waited until we finished the usual chit-chat about our families and the church.         We finally exhausted those subjects. “Who bought the house next-door to mine?”
     “Kate, neither… I forgot you sold the Victorian. Why do you want to know?”
     “Mainly curiosity. Tell me it’s not a family with a herd of children.” I settled back in my recliner and stared through the picture window at the river.
     “No children. No husband. Why she wants a four bedroom with a finished attic is beyond me. Was the quickest sale I ever made.” She lowered her voice. “She’s an author who had a spectacular success. Her first two books hit the New York Times list and have stayed there. She’ll soon release a third novel.”
     “What’s her name? Maybe I’ve read her books.”
     “She writes suspense with a bit of romance. Don’t you prefer non-fiction biographies?”
     “Usually, but a neighbor should be supported. Her name?”
     “Sabrina Gates.”
     “I’ll visit the library tomorrow.”
     “Guess you don’t have an electronic reader.”
     “Not yet. Thanks for the information. I’ll see you at church on Sunday.” I hung up and went to tell Lars what I had learned about our new neighbor.

My Places


Buy Mark
http://bookswelove.net/walters-janet-lane/



2 comments:

Daryl Devoré said...

LOL - perfect. In small areas it is so easy to learn whatever it is you need to know about anybody.


My blog is now live. When I scheduled it I put the time as 12 noon instead of midnight. https://daryldevore.blogspot.com/2020/02/what-am-i-dealing-with-neanderthal.html

Anonymous said...

This new neighbor will be trouble in some way or another, right?