Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday Joan Havelange is Visiting and talking about What She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Mystery #Cozy

What were you before you became an author? 

I have worn many hats. I lived north of the 56 parallel, and I worked for a mining company in the computer department. In those days, no one had a desktop or laptop computer; we did it all. Our processor was as big as a fridge. Early days. I’ve also worked in the banking industry. And other jobs from cashier at a pharmacy, to a salesclerk in a home decorating store.

Did this influence your choices as a writer?
All aspects of life and work have influenced me. People I’ve meant and jobs I have done. And travel is a wonderful education. My trip inspired me to write my latest mystery novel Death and Denial


  1. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal
My genre is mystery of the cozy kind, no blood guts or gore. But a puzzle to solve and humour along the way. I did try to write a romance novel way back in my 20’s, but I wasn’t romantic enough. Murder mysteries fit me better.

  1. What is your latest release?
Death and Denial. An adventure in Egypt. Not all dead bodies in linen are mummies.

  1. What are you working on now?
My next novel is in the revision stage. The ladies, Mabel and Violet, are back home. Seniors in a condo are meeting an untimely death. Mabel’s mother may be next. My mystery is called The Trouble with Funerals

  1. Does your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?
It probably does, I read a lot of mysteries, but I do read other genres as well.

  1. Where can we find you?
  2. http://bookswelove.net/mystery-thriller-authors/havelange-joan/
And my author page is

No comments: