Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wednesday Confrontations Affinities Book Four Villains #MFRWHooks #BWLAuthor #Fantasy #Air #Water #Fire #Earth

Confrontations: Affinities by [Walters, J. L.]

Join the writers at #MFRWHooks here http://mfrwbookhooks.blogspot.com  for some great excerpts. Mine shows a bit of the villains

Blurb:
In Confrontations by J.L. Walters, a Books We Love Young Adult Fantasy, Ash, Bran, Ky and Jay along with their friends have now mastered their affinities. They now control their ability to use Earth, Air, Fire and Water. The time has come for them to face Dom Senet and He Who Walks with Evil. They have learned a disturbing fact. He Who Walks With Evil is able to exchange an old body for a new one. Dom Senet wishes to obtain the secret and he is willing to sacrifice even his own son to gain this power. The four sets of companions set off to rid the doms and domas of Dom Senet’s bonds and to defeat the two evil men. Can they or will they become pawns to evil?

2019 Book Hooks

Excerpts:
Senet added another log to the massive fireplace of the lodge’s main room. Though spring had arrived, here in the highlands the night promised to be cold. He stood and filled two mugs with mulled spirits. Before long the doms and domas he had summoned from Easren would arrive. Among the projects he had for them was to undertake tending his guest.
He handed a mug to the gaunt aging man whose graying dark hair and copper-hued skin marked him as kin to the people of the lowlands. Kin yet different, for the man had affinities for all the elements. His knowledge of how to use them was beyond anything Senet knew. He wanted to learn all the old man’s secrets. He raised his mug. “To our success.”
“Ours?” The question seemed tinged with ice. “To mine.” He sipped. “Soon I must leave this ailing body for a younger one. Have you found a candidate?”
Senet frowned. How was this exchange possible? Though he had learned much about the affinities from his guest leaving a dying body for another had never been explained. Senet wanted to know the technique.
The man who Senet knew as He Who Walks With Evil laughed. “I will choose. Make sure there is a wide selection of young men. The best candidates will be less than twenty-five years of age.” His smile failed to reach his eyes. “My choice may not please you. The perfect body may or may not have a single affinity.”
"What do you mean?”
The aging entity’s ebony eyes glittered. “Do not ask questions I have no desire to answer. When the day comes and I rule this land I will tell you what I believe you need to know. As in the days when I ruled the lands of my birth people will bow to me. Since the moment you found my broken body on the shore and restored my health I have planned.” His laughter rang long and loud. “The people will welcome me.”
“Those of the lowlands.” Senet looked away.” He had his own plans for the highlands.
The old man shook his head. “I will permit you to act as my deputy in the highlands but there can only be one ruler."
Senet drew a deep breath. For a moment fear paralyzed him. He clamped barriers over his mind. Didn’t his guest realize without help he was powerless? Who else would find another body for the transfer? Senet hid a smile. On the day of the exchange he would learn the secret and the old man would die.









My Places

Buy Mark



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the feeling the cover projects.

Kate Hill said...

I don't think this will end well for Senet.