Friday, November 1, 2019

Friday Yvonne Rediger is Visiting and Talking About Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Mysteries


Thank you so much for allowing me to guest on your blog.
Before I was a fulltime writer, I worked as an information technology professional. I started from the ground floor, doing user support and worked my way up to server environment supervisor and finally, solution architect and enterprise architect before I retired. The last to positions I worked independently as a contractor to various clients. I was always self-motivated and disciplined, but working one week on site and one week at home, alternately, sharpened these attributes and are invaluable when buckling down to write a novel. I find it easy to sit down and pound out at least a thousand words in one session, usually more. By nature am a planner and my past work experience has expanded this skill too and comes in handy when writing mysteries. I like to storyboard the plot.
Because I read multiple genres, they influence what I write. Romantic suspense, with a fifty-fifty split between the mystery and the romance. Urban fantasy with the emphasis a three-way division among paranormal romance, the fantasy aspects, and the mystery.
Cozy mysteries are an eighty/twenty division where the bulk of the book is the mystery and there may or may not be a touch of romance. I also like to include some humour and quirky characters in each novel, a pet, and of course food. In the past ten months I’ve release two urban fantasies, and one cozy mystery.
HELL CAT and TRUSTING THE WOLF are both from the VIC Shapeshifter series. DEATH AND CUPCAKES is from the Musgrave Landing series, to be followed next year by FUN WITH FUNERALS, already completed.
Currently, I’m working on a third cozy mystery, CONDO CRAZY, inspired by the mishaps and adventures my sister has had owning a condo and being on the condo board.
I am also working a fourth book in the VIC Shapeshifter series, tentatively entitled MAGIC’S PRICE.
My books are available on all ebook platforms, KOBO, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, iBooks, Walmart, etc. Print books are available, from Amazon or the publisher’s website or by requesting them at your local book store. Over this past summer, I’ve donated many books to libraries.
Where to find me:
Website: http://blackyvy50.wix.com/yvonnerediger book links can be found here.
http://www.facebook.com/vicshapeshifters/
Twitter: @blackyvy
Instagram: @blackyvy50

1 comment:

Yvonne Rediger said...

Thanks for having me as a guest today.
If anyone is interested in my mystery novel series,
the first in the series is available here:
https://books2read.com/Death-and-Cupcakes #cozy #mystery