Monday, November 4, 2019

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Poem #Writing #Trick or Treaters

Meander 1 Poem -- Primative Dance --

Shadows of the night surround us bringing fears
From infancy. Terrors of alone existance,
Reach and hold as heartbeats thunder, knock.
Pulse our bodies to their tune and the fire grows
Within sending flames to chase those phantoms.
So we dance upon each other to the rhythm
Of the drums and the flickering flames flare higher.
Heart pound. Drum beat. Flare heat. Flesh step movement.
Pattern grows. Moment passes. Echoes
Silent drums and ashes, remnants of the dance.

Meander 2 Trick or Treaters - Just last week Halloween brought a few trick or treaters. Probably 25 or so. Not as many as other days but the day brought spates of rain. Another thing I noticed. This year there were no teenagers coming at the endof the event and taking away a lot of candy. Has something changed. The costumes were delightful, The set of twins adorable and the tiny on cute. I thought he might be two but he was three. What I noticed this year was the Happy Halloweens and the thank you most of the children shouted as they left. A good night indeed.

Meander 3 - Deadline looms and I still have six chapters to rewrite and eight to type. Then there's the final read through to pick up the errors and missed words or parts that make no sense. Then I can send it off to an editor. The next book seems to be stuck in limbo but I'm sure once this one is done I'll be able to start a new one. One good thing. A numberof my books are on a special sale and so I hope they do well. Also joined this thing to boost my Book Bub people. I wonder if it will help with sales.

No comments: