Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Tuesday's Writer's Tip - Looking at Ideas #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Genres

All books start with an idea. Ideas come from everywhere and anywhere. I know I spend my time falling asleep searching for ideas for new stories. It's interesting to figure where the ideas for books occur. I'll give you a couple of ways my ideas have come to me.

I love medical suspense stories and have read many. One thing I noticed was the medical personnel were usually the villains. One night after a shift at the hospital, a very trying one when this idea popped into my head. What if the nurses and doctors wre the victims? That started a quest for a story.

I'm also a great fantasy reader and I dabbled in Astrology. Then my daughter had her fourth child and as I looked at their birth dates, I realized she had given me a Fire, a Water, An Earth and an Air sign. Suddenly things started to coalesce and the four part fantasy series was born.

Writers I've spoken to and talked about where their ideas arrive and have found so many different ways ideas appear. Sometimes it's something heard, a news report, an article, another writer's book. Let's face it the world is full of ideas for stories. All you have to do is look around you and hone in on something. Maybe it's a face seen, a word heard or read but suddenly the idea is there.

How do your ideas for stories arrive? I'd really be interested in hearing.


My Places

Buy Mark


No comments: