Friday, July 12, 2019

Linda O Connor is visiting today talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Medicine #Comedy


1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?
I’m a physician, and I started writing because I wanted to find a fun way to disseminate medical information and to educate and empower readers to take ownership of their health. Targeting a female audience with romance novels seemed like a good idea because women are usually the ones who see a doctor. (Males typically only go when a girlfriend/partner/spouse/mom encourages them to do so. :D)

2.   Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 
I write medical romantic comedies because I love being in a fun headspace when I’m writing. I think laughter is essential to great health! Most of my characters are doctors mainly because that’s what I know – and I can throw in a bit of medicine here and there. In Perfectly Planned, the hero is a police officer with the Tactical and Rescue Unit – it surprised me how much research I had to do to write a believable character and made me appreciate how easy it is for me to write about doctors.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 
My favorite genre to read is romance because I love the happily-ever-after endings and since I usually read for relaxation, I feel better when the book is upbeat and funny. Writing romance novels is easiest because I’m very familiar with the plot-line and story characteristics that romance readers expect.

4. What's your latest release? 
My latest release is Time for the Doctor: A Copper Mills Novella. I collaborated with a group of eight other romance writers, and we all set our stories in the same small town in Arizona. It’s fun to have characters from the other stories pop in and say hello.  

5. What are you working on now? 
I’ve just sent the first book of a new series off to the editor, and I’m excited about starting the second book this week. The series features Dr. Brogan Corkie. She’s retired from medicine, and she’s found a new hobby ~ her M.D. now stands for Matchmaking Doctor.  

6. Where can we find you? 
I love to connect with readers!
Website:  http://www.lindaoconnor.net
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/LindaOConnorAuthor
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/LindaOConnor98



No comments: