Friday, July 26, 2019

Friday Amanda Campbell is visiting and talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Romance

1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

In my real life, I’m a data analyst and IT professional, but my husband says that I am a professional reader. I’ve spent the last several years beta reading for author friends and fan fiction friends and doing other friends college literature courses. I lost numerous hours complaining to my husband about this plot point or that plot point and finally, he told me to either write my own story or stop complaining about other peoples. So I did, and I found that I loved it even more than reading, and that was something I never expected.


2. Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 

I’m not genre-specific at all. While I’ve stayed in the romance genre, for the time being, all three of my current written works have fallen into a different sub-genre. I have a hundred different stories running through my mind currently with a hundred different themes.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 

I love reading everything and anything. I’ve even been known to pick up the occasional horror story, which certainly falls at the bottom of my to-read list. Romance, though, is what I read the most. When I’m feeling down or lonely, or bored, I always reach for a romance first. I am, of course, a HUGE Pride and Prejudice fan, even naming one of my children Elizabeth, and trying, unsuccessfully, to have my son named after Darcy. My other current go-to favorite is the Time Travelers Wife. Second to romance would be fantasy. If I can find a good romantic fantasy, even better. I chose to write romance because I feel like it was what closest touches my soul, and because I don’t feel like I have the imagination for fantasy.

4. What's your latest release? 

Beautiful Trauma will be released on July 30th, 2019.  It is the story of Noah and Elizabeth. A raw and real second chance romance, it’s the story about an ex-couple brought together again through a heinous crime. Will love conquer all, or will the trauma be too much to bear? Beautiful Trauma is an angst filled and steamy stand alone with a happily ever after.

5. What are you working on now? 

I’m currently working on the story of Logan and Emma. Logan and Emma are a crossover of my first two stories, Just A Dream and Beautiful Trauma. The current working title is S.O.S, and its expected release date is October 2019. It’s a fun, flirty, and steamy friends with benefits with a happily ever after.

6. Where can we find you? 

You can find me almost anywhere.



No comments: