Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday's Guest - Featuring Rosemary Morris Who She Was Before #MFRWauthor #Historicalromance

Q.What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

A.I have always been a writer and an avid reader. My particular interest is historical fiction and non-fiction, which inspires me to weave novels rich in history.

Q Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above.

A, I write romantic historical fiction, which is rich in historical detail, drawing room manners, food, fashion, economic, political and social history and much more.

Q. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?

A. So many authors inspire me, amongst whom are Georgette Heyer’s historical fiction. I have read her books so often that the pages are almost ragged. I also enjoy Elizabeth Chadwick’s mediaeval novels and Elizabeth Goudge’s lyrical prose, particularly Little White Horse, Island Magic and Green Dolphin Country. My favourite classics such as Jane Eyre, Ivanhoe and Pride and Prejudice also deserve a mention. Yet, however much I admire and have in one way or another been influenced by these writers I have found my own voice. All of my novels have themes that modern readers can understand. For example, greed in Tangled Love, a woman previously misused by a cruel husband, and in False Pretences, a young woman’s determination to trace her birth parents.

4. What's your latest release?

My latest release in Tuesday’s Child. Heroine’s born on different days of the week. Book 3

Old Fashioned Romance to Savour
5* Amazon Review

Tuesday's Child is an old-fashioned romance in more than one sense of the phrase. With a firmly-closed bedroom door, the reader is able to relish details of the emotions of an emerging love story between two people - a young widow and clergyman - reluctant to fall in love, and of the drawing room manners of the Napoleonic era. In my opinion, this Days of the Week series gets better with each book.

Q. What are you working on now?

A. I am now working on Wednesday’s Child. Heroines born on different days of the week Book 4

The stories in Sunday’s, Monday’s, Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s Child are ‘stand-alone novels’ which are independent of each other. They are linked by a character in Sunday’s Child and the main two characters in each book have appeared in previous novels. Each one has different themes.


Q. Where can we find you?


A. The main sites where you can find me are www.rosemarymorris.co.uk and http:://bookswelove.net/  My novels are available as e-publications and paperbacks on amazon.

No comments: