Monday, December 31, 2012

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters


Today is the end of 2012 and the year has been an eventful one. From joy to grief but most years are like that. As far as my writing went, the year was profitable and also slow. Only had three new releases but several re-releases. That's always a good feeling. The new sales are thrilling. No matter how many books out thereeach new one makes me want to shout. I'm sure that's true for most writers. Some of my friends have sold for the first time and some have sold after a hiatus. There are two good writers I know who are still dragging their feet and I'm not sure if they're afraid of success or failure. My dad used to tell me to aim for the stars but if I only hit the garden fence at least I tried.

For the coming year, I'm not making resolutions but I am having goals. I'd like to finish the book I found a complete mss of done on carbon paper on my old typewriter. I would also like to finish four novellas, three belonging to a new series titled Moon Child's something. I'd also like to start the second of the Guild House series. One will see what happens at the end of the year. I usually bite off more than I can chew but it's fun trying.

So what about you? Do you make resolutions or just have goals to shoot for? Are you aiming for the stars and happy when you hthe garden fence? I know I am.

No comments: