Monday, December 2, 2019

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Poem #Writing #Hospitals

Meander 1 - Poem -- Sleeping Beauty --

Beautu sleeps, her woman's form perfection.
Thoughts slumber in a fog of fantasy.
Opium wisps of smoke keep ehr in a dream.
Her breaths perfumed by vapors of romance.
Soft silken threads spin a web and hold
Her entranced with staring vacant eyes, fast
In the enchanted land of fairy tales.
Dark night of knowledge kisses her. Beauty
Wakes into a landscape stark and dreary
Whirlwinds whip her dreams to tatters. Send them
Away. Stench-filled clouds fill her nostrils
Virile voices stab at her. Rasp her with
Razor edges. Slash her from her days of
Into a state of wakeful watching
Vaporized illusions, vanished fantasies.
What now Beauty? Where do you go?

Meander 2 - Hospitals - My husband is in the hospital, one where I once worked. The place has grown and is a confusing mess. Trying to find him has been a challenge but I've finally mastered the steps. Much different from when I worked here. Even the nurses; station has changed. Real problem is the long wait between hearing what is going ot happen and when he is coming hope. Now I'm waiting for a call. Hope it arrives soon.

Meander 3 - Writing - The Lines of Fire Challenged has been sent off to the editor. I did finish it before the month ended and one of these days it will go live. I've begun on the next one - I think I've called it Tattered Dreams. The heroine is the nanny from one of the other books and the hero a lawyer from several. His wife died leavign him with a sson to raise, the son is the birht child of the heroine. She gave him up for adoption. Mainly because shehad no one to help her, no family and few friends. she was in college. This could be a fun book to write.


My Places

Buy Mark

No comments: