1. What were you before you became an author? Did this influence your choices as a writer?
I’ve been an author since age five, but I worked as a radioman in the navy and in admin for the navy in civil service.
2. Are you genre specific or general? I don’t mean major genres but subdivisions or romance, mystery or paranormal.
I prefer historical fiction, but I’ve written a mystery and a paranormal: both historical of course. Most of my novels are what you’d call historical fiction with romantic elements. I’ve set the majority of them in the later eighteenth century.
3. What is your latest release? A historical set during the American Revolution, Her Vanquished Land. But my story is told from the loyalist point of view, the people who sided with the British. Rowena decodes messages for the British, but the rebels are winning, and her world is about to be destroyed. And what of her attraction to the mysterious Welshman who runs the spy ring?
4. What are you working on now? A story set in Greece, A Spark to Ashes. I recently re-visited there for a navy reunion, and it’s where I met my husband. I thought of creating a Mary Stewart type romantic suspense set in the 1950s.
5. Do your reading choices influence your choice of a writing career?
Not at first. I’m an eclectic reader. I used to read true crime stories and Hollywood biographies. Now I do read more historical fiction to hone my craft.
6. Where can we find you?