Monday, October 14, 2019

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Poem #Klutz #Writing

Meander 1 Poem -- Book Jacket --

I face you and i smile
Naked, surrounded by air.
A gleam of mischief lights my eyes.
Glasses slightly askew.
And while you see my flesh
Exposed.
My inner core is hidden under words.
It's you must puzzle meanings.
In my hand a corncob pipe.
 It lends an air of dignity.
The sweater, holes in sleeves tied round my neck.
Should have leather patches.
But I can't sew.

Meander 2 - Klutz - I fell today because I wasn't paying attention. This had to happen at the mall where people could see me. At least they helped my to my feet. I assured them I was all right. And I was but I must stop thinking about what I'm going to do next and realize there's a curb and not the pavement.

Meander 3 - Writing - I have started the last written draft of the book. They it will be a matter of proffing. Of course that's a way to go since there are probably a hundred or more pages to write. Twenty minutes to a page so I should finish by the deadline. I've made a bargain with myself. I intend to write three books next eyar but I'll tell my publisher and friend that I will write them and when each one is dong I'll let her know and she can fit me into the story. There are too many things happening in life to be on constant deadlines.

No comments: