Monday, October 7, 2019

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Poem #Death

Meander 1 Poem --  A Patient Death --


At night, I slipped into his room
My flashlight cast dimples in the dark.
This dying man became a friend,more.
He seldom spoke, but his eyes
Mirrors, deep, reflecting life.
Growing pain, needles and syringes.
We talked.
Of life and what it meant.
Until one night
I slipped into his room.
Stillness, breathless
I noticed
Blank eyes, mirrors of death.

Meander 2 - Fear - There is so much to fear these days and keeping one from being buried undr the fear. I fear for my grandchildren, those who are black and those who are Chinese. There's so much hate and I have no way to change the world. I'm approaching the end of life and I see those who are close to my age embracing this world of hate. And never listening or seeing what their hate is doing to increase fear.

Meander 3 - Writing - One more chapter to put the plot in order and then it's on to looking at the settings and making them vivid and meaningful. Showing the characters relating to the where of the story and the when. Also showing the character's reactions, not only physical but also on an emotional level. Then on to the final write and hopefully the story will be alive and visid.

No comments: