Friday, April 19, 2019

Trisha Mc Gill is visiting today #MFRWAuthor #BWLPublishing #Who She Was Before


1.      What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

First off, I would like to thank you for having me once again as a guest on your blog, Janet.
I worked in the fashion industry all my working life, and was fortunate, as far as my writing went, that my back problems forced an early retirement. It was then that I was able to write full time. My husband was going off to work each day, so leaving me in writer’s paradise, as I was able to then sit at my typewriter/word processor (before the days of a computer) for hours at a time. As far as my job influencing my writing, I guess the answer to that is not really, except working in a large factory, populated by people from around the world, taught me a lot about people in general. A Heart in Conflict, is the only one of my books featuring the fashion world and that was fun to write.

2.      Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above.

Because I have always just written what took my fancy at that time, I write across several genres including Time-Travel, Historical, Contemporary, but all have romance at their heart, even my mainstream. 

3.      Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres?

Most definitely. My first effort at a full-length novel was a contemporary romance, because someone gave me a box full of Mills & Boons, and I thus tried that genre without further thought. That first book has never been finished or published (perhaps I will drag it out one day). Even when a child, I read many time-travels. As an adult, I read a lot containing Scottish Highlanders or Viking warriors both of which fascinated me. My list of favourite authors in those early days was a mile long but just to name a few: Jude Deveraux, Catherine Cookson, Catherine Coulter, Victoria Holt and Bertrice Small influenced me.

4.      What's your latest release?

Crying is For Babies is a true story based on the life of one of my sisters who suffered at the hands of callous surgeons when she was eight years old. The butchery received saw her confined to bed for three years and left her with a disability and pain that lasted the rest of her life. Despite this, or perhaps because of this, she was a woman of amazing talent and strength, loved by all who knew her.

5.      What are you working on now?

For years readers have been asking me when I am going to write book three in my Settlers Series, so I thought it about time I did this. The first book in the series, Mystic Mountains, began in Sydney Town in the early 1800s when it was a mere collection of huts and people were transported there from Britain for petty crimes. The convicts made up the vast population of the town. In book three, Challenging Mountains, we move on to 1840 when Bella and Tiger’s eldest son Tim has just turned twenty-one. As his father before him, Tim has an insatiable urge to travel and seek out new pastures. Only he has no desire to be a sheep farmer like his Pa. Along with his Uncle Carlos, he sets out to go overland to the newly settled township of Port Philip (later called Melbourne). The journey might not be as treacherous as the one his father, Tiger, undertook to cross the Blue Mountains, but nonetheless there are still many hazards to face along the month long trek. One of the biggest challenges thrown Tim’s way is a young woman with a stubborn streak and a sense of adventure to match his own.

6. Where can we find you? 

Find all my books featured with their buy links on my Web Page: http://www.triciamcgill.com
Or here on my Books We Love author page:


No comments: