Monday, December 17, 2018

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLPublishing #Poem #Writing

Meander 1 - Poem -  Book Jacket

I face you and i smile.
Naked surrounded by air.
A gleam of mischief
Lights my eyes.
Glasses slightly askew
And while you see my flesh
Exposed.
My core is hidden under words..
You must puzzle what they mean.
Yet they expose
More than naked skin.
In my hand a clay pipe.
It ends an air of dignity.
Don't you think
The sweater, holes in sleeves
Tied round my neck.
Should have leather patches.
But I don't sew.

Meander 2 - First person stories - I do like stories in the first person, mostly. They're great for mysteries, horror and other stories. But I find reading love scenes in the first person makes me feel uncomfortable. What happens is a feeling of eavesdropping on someone's personal space. I always feel I shouldn't be in the person's room. Third person love scenes, I enjoy and I read them sometimes with interest and sometimes less so. But love scenes written in first person, I usually skip and pray the resto f the story was worth the buy.

Meander 3  Writing - Moving slowly forward. This time of year with the holidays makes finding writing time a bit harder than other times. Because of my husband's dialysis, my time is fragmented any way. So I plug along and manage to get six hundred to a thousand new words every day.

No comments: