Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday's Guest featuring Christina Lynn Lambert #MFRWauthor #Paranormal romance #Suspense

1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

I didn’t originally plan on being a writer. I went to school for psychology and then got an MBA. I worked in sales, then as a case manager for people with disabilities. I was also a running coach and a personal trainer. I liked to write poetry and short stories in my spare time but considered any writing I did just a fun hobby, not something to ever share. When I was studying to take a certification in personal training, intending to take my small business to the next level, I had this idea for a story. The idea wouldn’t leave me alone until I began to write it out in my composition notebook. As it turns out, studying psychology helped me immensely with the development of my characters. Working in sales and other hectic jobs helped me see the uglier side of human nature. The greedy, lost, warped out villains I create are often caricatures created from different interactions I’ve observed.



2.  Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 

I prefer writing paranormal romance with a major suspense element. I like the paranormal genre because I can bend reality to create a strange, extraordinary version of reality. I add a dose of suspense to everything I write because I have always loved to read stories that keep me wondering what will happen next.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 

Science fiction and fantasy have been my favorite genres ever since I was a kid. In middle school, I started reading Philip Pullman, Tom Deitz, and Mercedes Lackey. A little later, I discovered Stephen King, Dean Koontz, George Orwell, and Ray Bradbury. As I began to think about writing in the romance genre, I discovered the wonderful fictional world of shapeshifters and people with unusual abilities, and that’s where my scattered ideas fell into place. I write characters who, despite their flaws and past mistakes, find the courage to love and accept love.

4. What's your latest release? 

My latest release, a re-release actually, is Bear’s Edge, which is the second book in the Stranger Creatures series. I’m fairly new to writing and not long after my first two books were published, my then publisher closed. Thankfully, they gave all of us authors back the rights to our books and Decadent Publishing was willing to re-release both of my books so that I can work on writing more in the series.

5. What are you working on now? 

I’m working on book 3 in the Stranger Creatures series. In book 3, Detective Nikki Jackson isn’t looking for love. She has a great job and some other side work that keeps her busy. When a strong, quiet, dark-eyed man arrives in Great Oaks to assist Nikki on a case, she’s determined to keep things professional. So is he. And yet…


6. Where can we find you? 

If you want to find me on social media to get the latest updates on new releases, contests, and more, I’m at:

No comments: