Monday, November 14, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #amwriting #poetry

Meander 1 Poem - Soul
Hidden in grubby darkness
The larva of a person
Wrapped by layers of our learning
It struggles to be free.
Slowly inching through the murk
Its wings spread toward the light.
Soul - Psyche - Butterfly.

Meander 2 - The chapter meeting. Always good to see friends and fellow writers. This week there were 10 of us and talked about the coming contest run by our chapter. Had seventy plus submissions. I do enjoy reading them and doing the scoring. Talked about not being mean and being encouraging.  Also discussed several other things. I must remember for the December meeting to make the brownies Steph liked so much. Two people read. My critiques were on point, I think but very short. Hopefully they helped the writers.

Meader 3 - Still working on The Cancer Capricorn Connection. Am just about finished with the second of four drafts and then it will be on to the revisions. Not tired of the story yet so that's good. When I grow tired of a story I know it's time to send the thing out.

No comments: