Monday, November 21, 2016

Meandering On Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poetry

Meander 1 - Poem - Melody

A melody should be sweet and ripe,
Designed to catch and entice,
Flowing from note to note in evenness,
Heady as a breath of spice
Used in cooking a gourmet's delight.
A melody should be breathless
As a fist upon the land.
It should soar in time
As a rocket lifts from earth,
Seems to pause,
Then onward goes in a trail of flame
To reach a fabled world.
A melody should contain
The elements of life,
The singing of our souls in time.
A melody should sing and be.

Meander 2 - A week of trying to organize myself. The past week has been one of planning for what's coming soon - Thanksgiving and Christmas. Knowing I will send stockings off to the children and grandchildren in Florida sent me shopping. I don't like to  shop but if I must I will. Hopefully there's not too much to buy for the Florida ones but then I must also think of those at home and closer than Florida. So little of the other things I wanted to do got done.

Writing - Still working on the Cancer Capricorn Connection and on Past Betrayals. Also reformatting another story and hope to have it ready to send out by Monday. I'm just slogging along.

No comments: