Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tuesday's Inspiration based on a quote by William Saroyan #MFRWauthor

When I read this quote, I laughed. Yet it is so very true. "The best way to begin being a writer is to come right out and admit that one is a crackpot. After that the going is sure to be a lot easier." William Saroyan.

There are times when I think I'm crazy to stick to writing but then I realize it really is a lot of fun. What about you? Wondering if what you're doing by putting words on paper and hoping they make sense is kind of a crackpot idea. Of course when someone reads what you've written and gets the meaning, you can smile. Maybe I'm not really crazy.

Wanting and needing to express yourself no matter what form of fiction you choose is a big step. The moral is not taking yourself too seriously. After all you've admitted you are a crackpot. Just like me and the hundreds of others out there. Not everyone is going to get rich. Not everyone is going to write a great book. That's where the fun comes in. Putting two or more people in trouble and finding ways to get them out should be fun.

So I'll admit I'm a crackpot. What about you? Are you one too?

No comments: