. Do you write a single genre or do your fingers flow over the keys creating tales in many forms? Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices? Are there genres you wouldn’t attempt?
I write what I love to read- Regency and Western historical romance. I would never attempt to write romantic suspense or paranormal. I would probably scare myself ;-)
2. Heroes, Heroines, Villains. Which are your favorite to write? Does one of these come easy and why?
It depends on the story. For the most part, I seem to connect more with my heroines. Now having said that, I am in the midst of planning a series that really seems to be all about the hero.
3. Heroes. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or plain imagination create the man you want every reader to love? Do they come before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
I don't find my heroes, they come to me, usually while listening to music. A song sparks an idea and then, every time I hear that song, the story unfolds a little more. One of my heroes has declared Monster by Imagine Dragons his theme song.
4. Heroines. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or imagination create the woman you want the reader to root for? Do they appear before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?
Elements of real life influence the heroines I create, but my imagination is the main culprit. I tend to not write a lot in the beginning stages, instead I get to know them in my mind.
5. Villains or villainesses or an antagonist, since they don’t always have to be the bad guy or girl. They can be a person opposed to the hero’s or heroine’s obtaining their goal. How do you choose one? How do you make them human?
They tend reveal themselves as the story unfolds. My current antagonist was very sweet and amiable, and then one day she lost her temper and revealed her true colors. It was quite fun ;-)
6. What is your latest release? Who is the hero, heroine and or the villain?
Mistletoe Waltz was released last November. Lord and Lady Hawthorne- the hero and heroine- were forced into marriage by her father- the villain- in order to avoid scandal.
7. What are you working on now?
I am working on Wish Upon a Waltz, the fifth book in the In His Arms series.
8. How can people find you?