Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday - Anabelle Bryant Talking About Heroes, Heroines and Villains #MFRWauthor

1. Do you write a single genre or do your fingers flow over the keys creating tales in many forms? Does your reading choices reflect your writing choices? Are there genres you wouldn’t attempt?

I write historical romance, Regency early 1800s England. I'm locked into this period by what I love to read and write. If there was ever a way for me to return to this timeless era, I wouldn't hesitate. I marvel at authors who dabble in several genres. I find I'm very much rooted (and happily so) in historic England. I wouldn't attempt paranormal since I'm scared of my own shadow.

 2. Heroes, Heroines, Villains. Which are your favorite to write? Does one of these come easy and why?

Oh, heroes, definitely heroes. I love writing from the male point of view and find my heroes always have more dialogue, more scenes, more everything in my novels, even though I don't intentionally shape the story that way. I'm not sure what it says about me, that I'm more comfortable with the male's journey rather than the female's. At least it makes for a unique and interesting delivery.
3. Heroes. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or plain imagination create the man you want every reader to love? Do they come before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?

My stories are character driven, so almost everything begins and ends with a personality trait, a shared conversation or interesting quirk. Rarely is plot a impetus to the romance. My heroes are flawed, very human, and often bothered by an unresolved issue, either emotional or circumstantial. Of course, they're always handsome; inspired by handsome men in real life, yet they're never the "perfect" male because perfect is not real and I want my love stories to be believable.
4. Heroines. How do you find them? Do pictures, real life or imagination create the woman you want the reader to root for? Do they appear before the plot or after you have the idea for the story?

My heroines are strong, independent thinkers who possess their own dreams and desires without needed a man to complete their life's goals. I became inspired to write this type of heroine after tiring of the "damsel in distress" so often portrayed in romance novels. I strive to write my heroine's goals as being as important as the hero's. Equality in all things as they find love along the way.
5. Villains or villainesses or an antagonist, since they don’t always have to be the bad guy or girl. They can be a person opposed to the hero’s or heroine’s obtaining their goal. How do you choose one? How do you make them human?
My romances don't have "villains", but of course there is conflict. Circumstances which lead to problems, interrupting the ebb and flow of the relationship. Conflict can evolve in all forms and isn't always a person in my novels. Weather, finances, pride and stubbornness can be "villians" without ever introducing a new face.

6. What is your latest release? Who is the hero, heroine and or the villain?

The Midnight Rake releases on January 13th and is Phineas' story. Penelope is the heroine. Both characters have sworn off love for personal reasons. Additionally, they've buried secrets that come into play as their relationship progresses. Phin is a boxer and he finds his toughest fight is against the desire he has for a woman promised to someone else.
7. What are you working on now?

I've started a new series that has me very excited. Regency set, this quartet revolves around a silver bracelet that affects each novels' love story in different impactful ways.
8. How can people find you?
            Website - http://www.anabellebryant.com
            Blog - http://anabellebryantauthor.wordpress.com/
            Twitter - http://www.Twitter.com@AnabelleBryant

            Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AnabelleBryantAuthor   

No comments: