Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Meet a Healer and Seer To Be #MFRWHooks #BWLAuthor #fantasy #Seppal #magic #swords

 

Join the authors at MFRWHooks Here  http://mfrwbookhooks.blogspot.com for some great excerpts. Mine is found at eclecticwriter.blogspot.com and features the Healer and Seer To Be from Seppal

Blurb:

 In Seppal, the prophecy has been heard and the Three and Three are awaited.

Ranal’s dead mam once told him one day he would learn why he had been born. He has found two companions, boys like himself who have no home and become seaweed gatherers like he has been. His two friends are developing strange skill. He can see no change in himself but he desires a sword. Then they will be three, Seer, Healer and Warrior

 

Amera returns to the clan after spending the summer with the king windsteed stallion and six yearlings. What she finds is the slaughtered herd and also the clan. Only one person remains barely alive and tells her Bethera, her cousin and almost sister has been taken by the priestesses and their guards. Not knowing what to do, Amera follows the king stallion to a sheltered glen and a huge cave complex. When the stallion calls her, she follows him to the priestesses’ keep and manages to rescue her cousin and another young girl. During the next few years, her friends develop talents and are becoming the Seer and the Healer. Amera wants to become the warrior but she can’t imagine how she can gain a sword.

 

Now the Three and Three must join to bring justice, healing, order and change to Seppal.



Excerpt:

Ranal watched them ride away. The boy didn’t move. Was he dead?

After a time, Ranal found an opening in the dense hedge. He scurried down the road to the boy. He knelt and touched the bony shoulder. As though he expected another blow, the boy flinched.

“I won’t hurt you,” Ranal said. “Let me help you stand. I’ll help you to your home.”

“Got no home. Live in the hedge row. I raised the melon from seed. Things grow for me.”

Ranal sucked in a breath. Remarkable. Those words triggered his imagination. What if? He thought of his lonely home and made a decision. “Come with me to my house. I am Ranal. Who are you.”

“Tegal. Why would you want me?”

“I hate those priestesses. A long time ago, my mam was one. They wanted to kill me because they are forbidden to have children of their bodies. I have a safe place and a way to earn money to buy food.”

Tegal’s green eyes filled with tears. “I’m not sure I can walk.”

“With my help you can.”


Tegal and the new boy sat at the fire. The boy wore one of the robes from the storeroom. Ranal handed him the clothes. “For you. After the storm ends if you decide to stay with us we will buy more.”

“I am Seval. Tegal said this is a sanctuary.”

“It is.”

“I am in need of one so I’ll stay.”

Ranal removed the cheese and sweet bread from the sack. “How did you end in the Great Sea?”

Seval studied his hands. “I lived in a fishing village. I had no desire to be a fisherman,. A traveling man taught me to read and write. The villagers resented my skills. They beat and thrust me into the sea.”

“They were cruel,” Ranal said. “We are also outcasts.”

My Places

   https://twitter.com/JanetL717

 https://www.facebook.com/janet.l.walters.3?v=wall&story_f

bid=113639528680724

 http://bookswelove.net/

 http://wwweclecticwriter.blogspot.com

https://www.pinterest.com/shadyl717/

 

Buy Mark

https://bookswelove.net/walters-janet-lane/

 

2 comments:

Daryl Devoré said...

Sad. Thrown out because he could read.

Kate Hill said...

This sounds like the start of a great friendship.