Monday, September 23, 2019

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWAuthor #BWLAuthor #Poem #Writing #Preparing #Class


Meander 1 Poem - Harbinger --

She comes into the room
A nurse -- white uniform
fadin smile on tightened lips.
A sideways glance
Perhaps in measurement
Of how you'd fit a coffin.
Her fingers, brightened tips,
Talons,
Bloodied with red bright polish.
Her floral scent invades the room,
An entire garden comes with her
To test your lungs.
Painted mast, her face,
Fluttering eyelashes
Flick her glance on everything but you.
Cousin of Florence Nightengale
Perhaps
Bur surely daughter to Sairy Gamp.

Meander 2 - Preparing for a Class - I'll be teaching a class on line for writing next month and I've finally started to get things in order for that. The first lesson is nearly planned but I must get cracking so I don't end up doing this last minute. Would like to have at least three done before I start but would like to have all done. We will see.

Meander 3 - Writing- Am beyond the halfway point of the sceond or Plot draft of the book. Won't finish it before the months ends but soon afterwards. Then it's time to sit back and mark places where I need to hype up the setting material and also to make sure the characters are reacting on an emotional level. Then it will be on to the last write and the final revision. Hopefully by the beginning of November I'll have it ready to go. The pub date is December.


My Places

Buy Mark


No comments: