Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday Kim McMahill is visiting. Talking about Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Suspense #National Park Service #Adventure #Suspense


What were you in life before you became a writer? Did this influence your choices as a writer? I have, and still do, work for the National Park Service. When my husband and I first started out, he would be gone for up to 21 days at a time fighting wildfires. We lived in a cabin with no phone or television, so I took the opportunity to get all the stories in my head down on paper, and have never looked back.
Are you genre specific or general? I’m fairly genre specific in that I primarily write adventure/suspense, but some books can be further defined as western, dystopian, and crime fiction.
What is your latest release? My latest release is A Foundation of Fear, the third novel in the Risky Research Series. 
What am I working on now? I recently submitted the fourth novel in the series, A Measure of Madness to my publisher. While I wait to hear back, I’m sketching out the plan for book five.
Did your reading influence your choice of a writing career? Yes, I’ve always loved to read, and I primarily only watch movies, in the adventure and suspense genres. My favorite authors are James Rollins and Clive Cussler (I particularly love the Dirk Pitt series).
Where can we find you?
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kimmcmahill   @kimmcmahill






No comments: