Friday, March 1, 2019

Beverley Bateman is Visiting Today and Talking About Who She Was Before #MFRWAuthor #Romance #Nurse


1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?
I’ve been writing my whole life, but my actual career was nursing. I worked in hospitals, (mostly obstetrics), as a public health nurse and then as an administer of Community Care Facility programs.
And it did influence my writing. I’ve incorporated some of the skills involved in all my positions. From community health I used a lot of investigation techniques and appeared in court as a witness. And in public health I met and visited a lot of very different types of people which I’ve used in building some of my characters.

2. Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 
I write romantic suspense, but I also write in their sub-genes. I have a western series set in Montana. I have a private investigator series and I also write the police detective. My latest, The Fourth Victim, is a little more in the women’s fiction genre.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 
Yes. I love to read romantic suspense. I enjoy mystery or suspense, but I miss the relationship and character building in romantic suspense and of course the HEA.

4. What's your latest release? 
My latest release is The Fourth Victim – Sara’s Story. It’s a group of women who train to help other women in danger, whether life-threatening or emotional abuse. 

5. What are you working on now? 
I’m working on the fourth book in my western romantic suspense series, the Hawkins’ Ranch series. It’s called Escaped and it’s Gabe’s story.

6. Where can we find you? 
Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/beverley.bateman.18 
LinkedIn - babateman@shaw.ca https://www.linkedin.com/in/beverleybateman/
Pinterest  http://pinterest.com/okwriter
Instagram Beverley.Bateman

No comments: