Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday's Guest - Caroline Warfield #MFRWauthor #Who She Was Before #historical #China


1. What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?

I have been a variety of things in my life: traveler, librarian, poet, raiser of children, bird watcher, conference speaker, indexer, tech writer, genealogist—even a nun. I spent thirty years working in library shared services and IT, a task that require diplomatic and people skills linked to a knowledge of technology. I always say I have four great passions: faith, family, travel, history. All of that informs my writing. How can it not?

2. Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc.

My published works are all historical romance. All my novels and most of my novellas have interrelated characters. However, I have also written middle-grade historical novels, straight up historical fiction, and an unpublished historical romance.

3. Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 

Absolutely! History has always been my reading preference, even when I was very young. I think historical periods are my fantasy world. I read historical romance, historical mysteries, historical fictionyou get the picture.

4. What's your latest release? 

The Unexpected Wife, set in China in 1838, will be released on July 25.  It is the story of a charming, impish duke. A secondary character in the previous two books, he almost took them over. He’s had a tough time. Trapped into marriage by an ambitious harpy, Charles raised their disabled son alone. He sees no way to create the life he wants and throws himself into work, but love surprises him.

The trailer is here:

Readers can find more about it here:

5. What are you working on now? 
I’m currently polishing a novella to appear in a boxed set in November. It is set in 1919, when the hero, a Canadian soldier, is struggling with the Spanish flu while desperately searching for the heroine, a French widow whose love gave him reason to live in the dark days of trench warfare.  It is a sequel to “Roses in Picardy,” a novella I published last year.

6. Where can we find you? 

Im so glad you asked! I am here:

BookBub https://www.bookbub.com/authors/caroline-warfield

(Embedded Versions)


No comments: