Monday, March 26, 2018

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #BooksWeLoveLTD #Poem #protest #writing


Meander 1 - Poem - Cancer Woman

I am the sea
Rising, falling
Kept in time by the conductor moon
Liquid, flowing, inconstant

I am the shallow sea
Lapping shores with gentle tongue
Touching, retreating
Kissing fluid lips against the sand
Pulsing, holding, caressing,

I am the deep sea
Issuing challenges
Hiding secrets, mysterious
In caves and crannies
Deep, bottomless, Unexplored.

I am the raging sea
Throwing my frenzied self
White rushing caps against the rocks
grasping, reaching, mine.

I am the eroding sea
Silent, crab-like, digging from within
Eroding pits
Grinding rocks to sand

I am the calm sea
An amniotic fluid
Gently touching, nourishing friends
To stimulate contractions of their birth

Meander 2 - Protests - I wish I could have gone to Washington DC on Saturday. I would have liked to be with those brave children and adults protesting for better gun laws. How we can allow things like this to happen in our land troubles me. But I have been troubled by guns for too many years and by the people who feel they must have them to destroy other people. I hope this protest opens eyes but I doubt much will be done until these brave children are old enough to vote.

Meander 3 - Writing - Still slogging with getting the writing done. 4 snow storms haven't helped since then the help I need can't come and I have things I must do rather than write. Still, I think I will meed the deadline barely.

No comments: