Monday, August 14, 2017

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #corn silk #writing

Meander 1 - Poem - Man's Inhumanity

Let us sing a song today
Of man's inhumanity to man.
Let us raise our voices high
In praise of violence and fear.
We must accept these murder ways
For we never speak against them.
With eager curiosity we gaze upon the sights
Of napalm hurning children and
Murdered athlets row on row
Of slaughter done by automobile
And other haunted sights.
So let us sing a song today
And make it a mournful tune.

Meander 2 - Corn Silk - This is the season of summer meals where corn on the cob is the star. Unfortunately when one has corn on the cob, there is corn silk. Thin strands usually light yellow and sometimes dark. If any is left on the cob it finds a nesting place between your teeth. Corn silk seems to multiply with each ear you husk. The darned stuff clings to your fingers, spreads over your clothes. When the corn silk season ends I won't be sorry. Unfortunately I know if will be with me next year and next and next.

Meander 3 _ Writing - I'm working on Murder and Sweet Tea. Third draft and there aretwo more drafts to go. I've hit the middle of this draft with writing since I do this with pen and paper. Typing is a bit behind but I will catch up one of these days. I'm not tired of the twists and turns of the story yet and that's good. When I am, the book will be done and I'll be off on another project.

No comments: