Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday's Blurbs featuring Books by S. Peters #MFRWauthor #Mystery Paranormal

Blurbs and Buy Marks / an excerpt from Unorthodox
Writing this mixed blend of genres gives a lot of opportunities for plot and subplot twists, tension possibilities, romance, other developing relationships, and of course with the supernatural there are openings for the impossible to become plausible.  I so enjoy that part and hope you do too; )

Here’s the mini tagline for Unorthodox:
Kendra’s ability of communicating with the dead is requested by her FBI criminal analyst friend to stop a killer from murdering agents.

Here’s the back cover blurb:
Kendra Spark, suspense-mystery romance author and communicator with the dead, is requested to hop on the first flight to D.C.
Jenna Powers, FBI criminal analyst and estranged best friend of Kendra, gets ghosticized in a fatal accident before relaying all the details of the FBI killer case.
Derek Knight, a dedicated FBI Special Task Force agent, takes lead on the case.
The investigation into the FBI agent killings continues as Kendra, Jenna – yes, even after death – and Derek work together on the case before Director of the Special Task Force Jackson Powers’ number is up. He’s Jenna’s father and the end-game of the killer’s target list.
Somehow the elusive killer remains undetected, until Kendra’s unique ability produces results and a final possibility at stopping his killing spree before it’s too late.

Here’s the Kendra Spark Novel series mini tagline:
Kendra sees ghosts, and then her BFF, Jenna, becomes one. The two friends and FBI agent Derek Knight fight for justice to the victims of heinous crimes.

Here’s an excerpt from the Author Review Copy: 566 word count
(From the Advanced  Review Copy: The scene – Kendra meets Jenna at a café  – D.C. location)
“Sparky.” Jenna used the pet name she’d christened me with in our younger years, her spin on my last name, Spark. It never suited my persona, and still didn’t. “I need your expertise.”   
No hug. How are you? What you been doing the last three years? “Expertise?” I repeated, maybe to alleviate the way it set me on edge. Was she inferring my criminal knowledge? My only crime awareness came from the research gathered for the mystery romance novels I wrote. If either of us were an expert, it would be her, the psychologist and analyst profiling criminals for the FBI.
 My shoulders drew tense on instinct, something that used to happen often when around Jenna. Her history of manipulation plagued my past, and even though she never did it to hurt me, I wasn’t game to pick up where we’d left off.
She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the café. We ordered and carried our coffees to a table on the outdoor patio. A waist-high brick wall surrounded us and kept the traffic noise and smelly exhaust bearable. She sat across from me, sipping her coffee, and eyed me over the rim of her cup.
Her sudden silence gave me another reason for suspicion as talking was Jenna’s lifeline.
She set down her cup so abrupt that hot liquid splashed over and dotted a trail across the table toward me. “You know what I’m talking about, right?” She swayed her body, waving her arms, and a ghostly “whooo” streamed out of her mouth. “You still see them, right?”
“Is that why I’m here? Why you called me in a panic to come to D.C.? ‘It’s a matter of life or death, jump on the first plane out of Detroit. I’ll explain it all when you get here.’ Those were your words.” I stared at her, dumbfounded and maybe a little hurt or a lot pissed off. I had deadlines to meet. No time for a ghost hunt or whatever she was concocting. “Well, I’m here. Explain.”
She stared at me, the same calculating stare I was used to seeing whenever she was about to talk me into something out of my comfort zone.
“And what does my ability have to do with anything you do?” It was like meeting up with a stranger, not my best friend, not the girl I grew up with and had known like a sister. We’d been inseparable, until she left.
She has no idea what she’s asking. I’d stopped sharing any of my apparition experiences with her because she was always horrified to know ghosts roamed around in our reality. I ended “spirit-talk” in front of everyone else before that. Being the brunt of jokes and seeing expressions toward me run the gambit of bewilderment, surprise, and then undoubtedly fear…of me, like I was mentally unstable or a quack-job had changed my public behavior.
“Derek is supposed to meet us here in a few minutes. He’s the FBI agent working with me on a case.”
So like Jenna to change the subject, her excellent form of deflection remained the same as what I remembered.
She leaned closer over the table even though there was no one else sitting on the patio. “I wanted a little time to familiarize you with the case and see if it’s possible for you to communicate with any of the murdered victims.” 

About S. Peters-Davis:
S. Peters-Davis writes multi-genre stories, but loves penning a good page-turning suspense-thriller, especially when it’s a ghost story and a romance. When she’s not writing, editing, or reading, she’s hiking, RV’ing, fishing, playing with grandchildren, or enjoying time with her favorite muse (her husband) in Southwest Michigan.
She also writes YA paranormal, supernatural, or sci-fi novels as DK Davis.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, Janet. It's been a very nice visit:) Appreciate you...always.