Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday's Guest - featuring S. Peters - Who She Was Before #MFRWauthor #Mystery

Unorthodox, A Kendra Spark Novel by S. Peters-Davis
About S. Peters-Davis:
S. Peters-Davis writes multi-genre stories, but loves penning a good page-turning suspense-thriller, especially when it’s a ghost story and a romance. When she’s not writing, editing, or reading, she’s hiking, RV’ing, fishing, playing with grandchildren, or enjoying time with her favorite muse (her husband) in Southwest Michigan.
She also writes YA paranormal, supernatural, or sci-fi novels as DK Davis.


What were you in your life before you became a writer? Did this influence your writing?
SPD – Hello Janet, thank you for this opportunity to guest post, and I’d also like to thank everyone stopping in to Eclectic Writer Blog. Appreciate your time and wish you all an amazing day:)
My life before I became a writer…hmmm, wife, mother are givens, a number of part time jobs while rearing my children, and then production manager at a plastic film extrusion plant, which took number of years for me to evolve into that position. I enjoyed every minute of it. The stories going around there rated as food for a writer’s fodder or should I say folder; )  When I left to pursue a writing career, everyone supported my big move – that was seventeen years ago. Whew, how time flies.

Are you genre specific or general? Why? I don't mean genres like romance, mystery, fantasy etc. There are many subgenres of the above. 
SPD – When I read a story blending paranormal, suspense-thriller, romance, and crime-mystery I’m intrigued, deeply. It’s why I use all of those in my stories, plus include in a nice dose of supernatural for the extra opportunities of creation and then I get to play at making it all plausible.

Did your reading choices have anything to do with your choice of a genre or genres? 
SPD – Yes, I read mostly the genres I write as indicated in last question. I’ve read those genres since my teen years.

What's your latest release? 
SPD – Unorthodox will be my first book in the Kendra Spark Series – it will release on September 15, 2017
I also write young adult and mid-grade books as DK Davis – Secret: In Wolf Lake released January 1, 2017, a sci-fi YA.

What are you working on now? 
SPD – I’m close to finished on the second book in the Secret Series – Secret: At HL Woods written as DK Davis and I’m co-writing a mid-grade book, Jake & Sam, Twisted Tales of Freakish Fun, with an author friend, S. Willett (Author of mid-grade Country and the Rock trilogy). 
I’ve also started Malevolent – the second book in the Kendra Spark Series.
And I’m always working on or learning about promoting/marketing and social networking, and I also consistently work to hone the craft of writing.

Where can we find you? 
SPD –

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Janet, thank you so much for hosting me today. I appreciate your busy life of writing and blogging (along with everything else you do), so a big Bless you for sharing your time with me; )