Monday, October 3, 2016

Meandering on Monday with Janet Lane Walters #MFRWauthor #Poem #writing

Meander 1 - Poem - Hermit Dreams

Somewhere there is a house,
Away from people's voices.
A cabin on a mountaintop,
A lighthouse by the sea,
A place for me where no one comes
Where I can be alone
And listen to myself.
Either a crashing waterfall
Or the surging of the sea
Will sing to me as I dream.
I thought to run to madness,
But never in that state.
Would I be left alone.
They would hound me with  black inkspots.
Word association and therapy
I couldn't escape -- from people
And be alone in insanity.

Meander 2 - Friends - I've finished a book a friend started and was unable to complete before she died. This was for me a labor of love. Though I was offered a chance to share the proceeds of the books, I said no. If anything put a little bit in there in acknowledgements or the dedication. I know people think I'm crazy when I say I channeled when I wrote the book but I also heard her say no when members of the critique group made suggestions she wouldn't have liked. Hopefully the book will see the light of day soon and the cover will be completed. So I've sent the book off and said farewell to my friend.

Meander 3 - Writing - Going great guns on the new story and am on the plot draft filling in all those holes. Hundreds of them but they're being plugged by new words and scenes are no longer single lines. This is good. Also typing of the massive mss is continuing and reformatting of another one is coming along. Soon these will bed dome, too,

No comments: